2 Broke Girls – CBS TV Show
Cancelled after six seasons
Show Important Facts
- Premise: Two young women from very different backgrounds – wealthy socialite Caroline and working-class Max – become waitresses at a diner and form an unlikely friendship as they work together toward their dream of opening a cupcake business.
- Created By: Michael Patrick King and Whitney Cummings
- Original Run: 6 seasons from 2011-2017 on CBS
- Setting: Brooklyn, New York. The diner they work at is a main setting.
- Humor Style: Known for its broad, sarcastic, and edgy humor often focused on class differences between the main characters.
- Awards: Nominated for multiple Emmys and Critics Choice Awards. Kat Dennings won a People’s Choice Award.
- Where to Watch: Streaming on Hulu in the U.S. Also available for purchase on services like Amazon Prime Video.
- Cancellation: The show was cancelled in 2017 despite steady viewership, reportedly due to a licensing deal expiring.
- Social Media: Facebook page “2 Broke Girls” has over 9 million likes.
2 Broke Girls
Plot: Sassy, streetwise Max works two jobs just to get by, one of which is waiting tables during the night shift at the retro-hip Williamsburg Diner. Sophisticated Caroline is an uptown trust fund princess who's having a run of bad luck that forces her to reluctantly give waitressing a shot. At first, Max sees Caroline as yet another in a long line of inept servers she must cover for, but she's surprised to find that Caroline has as much substance as she does style. When Caroline discovers Max's knack for baking amazing cupcakes, she sees a lucrative future for them, but they first need to raise the start-up money.
Runtime: 22 min
Awards: Won 1 Primetime Emmy. 3 wins & 24 nominations total
Writer: Whitney Cummings, Michael Patrick King
Actors: Kat Dennings, Beth Behrs, Garrett Morris
Language: English, Korean, Yiddish, Hebrew, Spanish, Arabic, Ukrainian
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API