Friends TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Premise: Follows a group of six friends – Rachel, Ross, Monica, Chandler, Joey and Phoebe – as they navigate their personal and professional lives in New York City.
- Created By: David Crane and Marta Kauffman
- Original Run: 10 seasons from 1994-2004 on NBC
- Setting: Manhattan, primarily the apartments of Monica/Rachel and Chandler/Joey as well as Central Perk coffee house.
- Style of Humor: Situational comedy, slapstick, recurring jokes (“How you doin’?”, “We were on a break!”).
- Awards: Won 6 Emmy Awards including Outstanding Comedy Series. Numerous other awards and nominations.
- Where to Watch: Streaming on HBO Max in the US. Also syndicated widely on cable TV and local stations globally.
- Finale: One of the most watched series finales ever with over 52 million American viewers.
- Catchphrases: “Pivot!”, “We were on a break!”, “How you doin’?”, “Smelly cat”, among many others.
- Social Media: Official Instagram @friends, Facebook page has over 28 million followers.
Plot: Ross Geller, Rachel Green, Monica Geller, Joey Tribbiani, Chandler Bing, and Phoebe Buffay are six twenty-somethings living in New York City. Over the course of 10 years and seasons, these friends go through life lessons, family, love, drama, friendship, and comedy.
Runtime: 22 min
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Awards: Won 6 Primetime Emmys. 79 wins & 231 nominations total
Writer: David Crane, Marta Kauffman
Actors: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow
Language: English, Spanish, Italian, French, Dutch, Hebrew
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API