The Big Bang Theory – CBS TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Premise: Centers on a group of socially awkward but brilliant scientists and their relationships with their new neighbor Penny, an aspiring actress.
- Genre: Sitcom
- Created By: Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady
- Original Network: CBS (aired from 2007-2019)
- Setting: Pasadena, California. Main settings are the apartments of Sheldon/Leonard and Penny.
- Theme Song: “The History of Everything” by the Barenaked Ladies
- Awards: 10 Emmy awards, 7 of them going to Jim Parsons for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
- Where to Watch: Streaming on HBO Max in the US. Syndicated on cable and local TV stations.
- Notable Facts: One of the most popular and highest rated comedies in the 2000s/2010s. Helped legitimize “nerd culture”.
- Social Media: Facebook page “The Big Bang Theory” with over 20 million likes. @bigbangtheory on Instagram.
The Big Bang Theory
Plot: Leonard Hofstadter and Sheldon Cooper are both brilliant physicists working at Cal Tech in Pasadena, California. They are colleagues, best friends, and roommates, although in all capacities their relationship is always tested primarily by Sheldon's regimented, deeply eccentric, and non-conventional ways. They are also friends with their Cal Tech colleagues mechanical engineer Howard Wolowitz and astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali. The foursome spend their time working on their individual work projects, playing video games, watching science-fiction movies, or reading comic books. As they are self-professed nerds, all have little or no luck with women. When Penny, a pretty woman and an aspiring actress from Omaha, moves into the apartment across the hall from Leonard and Sheldon's, Leonard has another aspiration in life, namely to get Penny to be his girlfriend.
Runtime: 22 min
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Awards: Won 10 Primetime Emmys. 79 wins & 254 nominations total
Writer: Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady
Actors: Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco
Language: English, Hindi, Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Klingon
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API