The Blacklist NBC TV Show
Show Important Facts:
- Premise: Career criminal Raymond “Red” Reddington surrenders to the FBI and offers to help catch dangerous fugitives, but will only work with a rookie profiler named Elizabeth Keen for unknown reasons.
- Genre: Crime thriller, drama
- Created By: Jon Bokenkamp
- Main Cast: James Spader as Raymond “Red” Reddington, Megan Boone as FBI agent Elizabeth “Liz” Keen
- Setting: Primarily in Washington D.C. where the FBI is based, with blacklist cases across the globe
- Episodes: Over 200 total episodes.
- Style: Serialized storytelling focused on the mystery behind Red’s interest in Liz and weekly procedural blacklist cases.
- Awards: Consistently well-reviewed. Earned Emmy nominations for writing and cinematography.
- Where to Watch: NBC (new episodes), full series streaming on Netflix and Peacock.
Plot: A highly articulate, erudite and intelligent businessman and mastermind, "Red" Reddington, has allegedly been on the "10 Most Wanted List" of various U.S. law enforcement agencies for over 20 years. The legend is that Red is as elusive as he is clever, controlling a labyrinth of creative enterprises, coupled with uncanny ability to gather and finesse information at the drop of a hat. On the first day at FBI for a new female profiler fresh out of Quantico, Red offers to bandy wits with the FBI. Red promises to deliver various criminals and plots previously unknown to any branch of law enforcement... and all Red requests in return is to choose his muse.
Runtime: 43 min
Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
Awards: Won 1 Primetime Emmy. 2 wins & 33 nominations total
Writer: Jon Bokenkamp
Actors: James Spader, Megan Boone, Diego Klattenhoff
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API