This is Us – NBC TV Show
Show Important Facts:
- Genre: Drama centered on family and emotional character-driven storylines
- Created By: Dan Fogelman
- Premise: Follows the lives and connections of two parents and their three kids, cutting between their past and present experiences through intricate timelines.
- Setting: Varies between Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the 1970s/80s and present-day stories across multiple cities.
- Episodes: Aired for 6 seasons between 2016-2022 with a total of 106 episodes.
- Distinctions: Structured with signature plot twists and surprise reveals slowly connecting the characters’ histories. Often makes audiences emotional.
- Awards: Won multiple Emmys including Outstanding Lead Actor for Sterling K. Brown. Frequently nominated.
- Where to Watch: Streaming exclusively on NBC’s Peacock platform in the U.S.
This Is Us
Plot: Rebecca Pearson once had a difficult pregnancy with triplets. The resulting births occurred on the same day as her husband Jack Pearson's thirty-sixth birthday. The lives of Rebecca, Jack and their three offspring - Kevin, Kate and Randall - are presented at different points in time. The Rebecca and Jack stories generally take place during the early stage of their marriage, surrounding the birth of the three children or at different phases of the children's upbringing, which was not always smooth sailing for any of the five. Separate stories concerning Kevin, Kate and Randall are also presented in their adult years, each who has his or her own baggage resulting from that upbringing: Kevin who was generally the neglected one because he had no outward issues; Kate who has always had weight issues; Randall, the gifted one, being the visible outsider and being the "non-K" child. These stories may demonstrate the emotional ties that exist not only because of being family, but also because of four of them having the same birthday and some of them having always been together, meaning since conception.
Runtime: 45 min
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Awards: Won 4 Primetime Emmys. 66 wins & 291 nominations total
Writer: Dan Fogelman
Actors: Milo Ventimiglia, Mandy Moore, Sterling K. Brown
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API