Big Brother CBS TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – U.S. version of the Dutch reality competition show created by John de Mol. Premised on strangers living together isolated from the outside world.
- Format – Contestants compete in challenges and vote each other out until a winner receives the $750k prize.
- Casting – Typically casts dynamic personalities from all walks of life who bring drama. Recurring theme of showmances developing.
- Hosts – Julie Chen has hosted since its debut in 2000. She also serves as producer through her production company.
- Shooting Location – House interior built on CBS Studio Center lot. Contestants are truly confined with no outside communication.
- Challenges – Elaborate competitions created for every episode like physical/mental games and quiz challenges.
- Live Shows – Fans can watch the live feeds from the house anytime and vote on decisions.
- Ratings – One of CBS’s most successful summer shows, averaging 5+ million viewers a night.
Plot: Based on the Dutch series, thirteen strangers who are living in a studio-like house that's filled with cameras and microphones, compete in a series of physical and mental stunts, and some challenging trivia at a chance at $500,000 in this reality soap opera-like summer program. Thirteen of those house guests live in 13 different states. America will watch every single move they compete to be the last one standing, after having twelve house guests evicted. These strangers are the contestants who think they have absolutely nothing in common, and a few are in a shock for their lives. The house guests begin to introduce other people at the Big Brother house. It's the first time they will get to know each other and they're not allowed to say not one word with them until they are in the Big Brother house. The thirteen will be living in the same house for the following two months. They may either find their best friend or worst enemy in that group; and in the end, it's one men for themselves. Then, contestants who have performed their stunts were asked to vote for the person who should be kicked out of the house (which happens to be the loser), and the guest with the most votes, is the loser and will be evicted from the Big Brother household. However, if the participant wins his/her stunts, then the player will be named "Head of the Household," for a day. The guest who stays in the house longer than anybody else does wins $500,000.
Runtime: 3 min
Awards: 4 wins & 8 nominations
Writer: John de Mol, Ron Diesel
Actors: Julie Chen Moonves, Clayton Halsey, Phil Proctor
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API