Blue Bloods – CBS TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – Created by Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess, stars the Reagan family of cops inspired by their producer’s own family of NYPD officers.
- Casting – Tom Selleck was approached for the lead role of Frank Reagan as CBS wanted a established star.
- On Set – The family dinner scenes are filmed in order to have a natural, conversational flow.
- Ratings – Has been a solid ratings performer for CBS on Friday nights since its 2010 debut.
- Relationships – Bridget Moynahan and Will Estes dated early on but split amicably.
Plot: Blue Bloods follows the lives of the NYPD's First Family of Law Enforcement: the Reagans. Frank, the Police Comissioner and son of former PC Henry Reagan, must balance his duties of running the largest police force in the world and being his kids' boss. His daughter Erin is an Assistant District Attorney, son Danny is a senior detective and fellow Marine Veteran, and new Harvard Law grad turned cop, Jamie all swirl through this family drama and passionately defend their city from harm. The Irish-American family is deeply rooted in their patriotism, passion, and love of family.
Runtime: 43 min
Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
Awards: Nominated for 1 Primetime Emmy. 4 wins & 17 nominations total
Writer: Mitchell Burgess, Robin Green
Actors: Donnie Wahlberg, Bridget Moynahan, Will Estes
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API