Bob Hearts Abishola CBS TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – Inspired by creator Chuck Lorre’s own relationship with his immigrant wife. Focuses on Abishola, a Nigerian nurse, and Bob, a middle-aged compression sock salesman in Detroit.
- Casting – Folake Olowofoyeku landed the lead role of Abishola after auditioning. Billy Gardell plays lovable underdog Bob.
- Representation – Praised for its diverse cast and portrayal of Nigerian culture through Abishola’s family.
- Setting – Primarily takes place at Abishola’s hospital workplace and Bob’s sock company. Also features their homes.
- Style – Known for its quirky humor and heartwarming romantic moments between the central odd couple.
- Relationships – Explores Bob’s dynamics with his overbearing mother and sister played by Christine Ebersole and Maribeth Monroe.
- Reception – Earned solid ratings for a new comedy, averaging around 5 million viewers weekly.
- Fun Fact – Billy Gardell invited a live audience for taping the Season 3 premiere, a rarity for most sitcoms.
Bob Hearts Abishola
Plot: Bob, a middle-aged compression-sock businessman from Detroit, unexpectedly falls for his cardiac nurse while recovering from a heart attack and sets his sights on winning her over. Undaunted by Abishola's lack of initial interest or the vast differences in their backgrounds--she's originally from Nigeria--Bob is determined to win Abishola's heart in this comedic examination of immigrant life in America. From award-winning creator, executive producer, and writer Chuck Lorre.
Runtime: 21 min
Genre: Short, Comedy, Romance
Awards: Nominated for 2 Primetime Emmys. 9 nominations total
Writer: Eddie Gorodetsky, Alan J. Higgins, Chuck Lorre
Actors: Billy Gardell, Folake Olowofoyeku, Gina Yashere
Language: English, Yoruba
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API