Bull CBS TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – Loosely inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw. Created by Phil McGraw and Paul Attanasio. Stars Michael Weatherly as Dr. Jason Bull..
- Premise – Focuses on Trial Analysis Corporation, which provides jurors and defense expertise.
- Style – Known for using technology and psychology tactics to win cases. Employs rapid-fire dialog similar to other CBS procedurals.
- Locations – Primarily filmed in New York City at Silvercup Studios in Queens. Makes use of NYC exterior shots.
- Controversy – Faced a sexual harassment scandal leading to actor Eliza Dushku receiving a settlement from CBS.
- Ratings – Strong ratings during its six season run, averaged around 10 million viewers at its peak.
- Trivia – Michael Weatherly’s character Dr. Bull was #1 on a fictional “Trials Researcher List” in an early episode.
Plot: BULL stars Michael Weatherly as Dr. Jason Bull in a drama inspired by the early career of Dr. Phil McGraw, the founder of one of the most prolific trial consulting firms of all time. Brilliant, brash and charming, Dr. Bull is the ultimate puppet master as he combines psychology, human intuition and high-tech data to learn what makes jurors, attorneys, witnesses and the accused tick. Bull employs an enviable team of experts at Trial Analysis Corporation to shape successful narratives down to the very last detail. They include his quick-witted ex-brother-in-law, Benny Colón, who plays a defense attorney in mock trials; Marissa Morgan, a cutting-edge neurolinguistics expert from the Department of Homeland Security; former NYPD detective Danny James, the firm's tough but relatable investigator; haughty millennial hacker Cable McCrory, who is responsible for gathering cyber intelligence; and Chunk Palmer, a fashion-conscious stylist and former All-American defensive back who fine-tunes clients' appearances for trial. In high-stakes trials, Dr. Bull's combination of remarkable insight into human nature, three Ph.D.s and top-notch staff creates winning strategies that tip the scales of justice in his clients' favor.
Runtime: 60 min
Genre: Comedy, Crime, Drama
Awards: 2 nominations
Writer: Paul Attanasio, Phil McGraw
Actors: Michael Weatherly, Geneva Carr, Jaime Lee Kirchner
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API