Family Guy FOX TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – Created by Seth MacFarlane, who also voices several of the characters including Peter Griffin. First aired in 1999 after early success with shorts on Cartoon Network.
- Casting – Features a principal cast of Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Mila Kunis, and Mike Henry who voice main characters like Lois, Chris, Meg, and Cleveland.
- Signature Style – Known for its rapid pop culture gags, meta humor, and cutaway vignettes with a signature irreverent tone.
- Cancellation – Was actually canceled in 2002 but revived after enormous DVD sales and fan support. Returned in 2005.
- Success – Despite mixed critical reviews, Family Guy became a billion dollar franchise and pillar of Fox’s animation lineup.
- Awards – Has won 5 Emmy Awards in categories like Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation.
Plot: Sick, twisted and politically incorrect, the animated series features the adventures of the Griffin family. Endearingly ignorant Peter and his stay-at-home wife Lois reside in Quahog, R.I., and have three kids. Meg, the eldest child, is a social outcast, and teenage Chris is awkward and clueless when it comes to the opposite sex. The youngest, Stewie, is a genius baby bent on killing his mother and destroying the world. The talking dog, Brian, keeps Stewie in check while sipping martinis and sorting through his own life issues.
Runtime: 22 min
Genre: Animation, Comedy
Awards: Won 9 Primetime Emmys. 37 wins & 114 nominations total
Writer: Seth MacFarlane, David Zuckerman
Actors: Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API