Shark Tank ABC TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – Based on the Japanese show Dragons’ Den. Aspiring entrepreneurs pitch business ideas to a panel of potential investors.
- Casting – The main investor “Sharks” have been Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec, Daymond John, and Kevin O’Leary.
- Pitching – Entrepreneurs can negotiate on the fly for investment dollars in exchange for equity in their company.
- Investments – Over $143 million has been invested by the Sharks cumulatively through the show. The most funded entrepreneur is Scrub Daddy.
- Shooting Location – Sony Pictures Studios lot in Los Angeles.
- Ratings – Averages around 7 million viewers. One of ABC’s most successful reality series.
- Spinoffs – Has led to web spinoff Beyond the Tank that follows up with entrepreneurs after their pitches.
- Influence – Credited with spurring entrepreneurship and giving visibility to startups. Alums have earned billions.
Plot: Ambitious entrepreneurs present their breakthrough business concepts.
Runtime: 1 min
Genre: Family, Game-Show, Reality-TV
Awards: Won 4 Primetime Emmys. 11 wins & 48 nominations total
Actors: Kevin O'Leary, Phil Crowley, Mark Cuban
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API