The Amazing Race – CBS TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Premise: Teams of two compete in a race around the world for a $1 million grand prize, traveling to various countries and completing challenges along the way.
- Genre: Reality competition
- Hosted By: Phil Keoghan has hosted since its inception in 2001.
- Original Run: Airs on CBS since 2001. Currently airing its 34th season as of 2022.
- Teams: Usually 11 teams each season, comprised of pre-existing relationships (couples, family members, friends, etc).
- Format: Teams race across the globe completing physical and mental challenges. At the end of each leg, the last team to arrive is eliminated.
- Locations: Has covered over 60 countries across all continents except Antarctica.
- Challenges: Vary from navigating foreign cities and landscapes to ziplining to bungee jumping to puzzle solving. Requires intelligence, athleticism, and teamwork.
- Awards: Has won 15 Emmy awards including Outstanding Reality-Competition Program.
- Catchphrase: “The world is waiting for you. Good luck, travel safe, GO!” said by Phil at the start of each leg.
- Social Media: @AmazingRaceCBS on Twitter and Instagram
The Amazing Race
Plot: The best of the reality series crop is back, with 12 teams of 2 players each racing around the world, trying not to be eliminated at a series of checkpoints in which the last team to arrive is booted from the show. CBS chooses teams with relationships containing at least some tension, especially when the situation involves intense pressure. This season includes such duos as two circus clowns, a gay married couple, a father and son, a recently engaged couple, married couples, and best friends.
Runtime: 1 min
Genre: Adventure, Family, Reality-TV
Awards: Won 15 Primetime Emmys. 44 wins & 175 nominations total
Writer: Elise Doganieri, Bertram van Munster
Actors: Phil Keoghan, Joyce Agu, Uchenna Agu
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API