The Pacific TV Show
Show Important Facts:
- Premise: A companion piece to Band of Brothers, it follows the intertwined stories of three U.S. Marines across various battles during World War II in the Pacific against Japan.
- Genre: Historical war drama miniseries
- Created by: Bruce C. McKenna and Robert Leckie
- Number of episodes: 10 episodes total
- Setting: The Pacific theatre of WWII across the islands of Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, etc. Shows events from 1942–1945.
- Style and Production Values: Gritty, intense visuals and battles paired with emotional character drama. Budget over $200 million.
- Historical Accuracy: Praised for recreating battlefield conditions and tension that marines endured. Incorporates real veteran accounts.
- Awards: Won 8 Emmy Awards including for Outstanding Miniseries. Won Peabody Award.
- Where to Watch: HBO Max
Plot: The Pacific follows the lives of a U.S Marine Corps squad during the campaign within the Pacific against the Japanese Empire during WW2. Made by the creators of Band of Brothers, it follows a similar line of thought to outline the hardships of the common man during war. The Pacific is in parts a fast paced war series that can be enjoyed by action lovers whilst containing a more sensitive side when projecting the relationships (brotherhood) of Marines on the battlefield. Where The Pacific takes a new direction from its "older brother" is in its depiction of the lives of soldiers who were picked to return home to increase the sales of war bonds. In doing this it also depicts the life cycle of returned soldiers from initial joy to the eventual feeling of regret and to a certain extent shame felt by soldiers wanting to return to the war in service of either their comrades or nation.
Runtime: 530 min
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama
Awards: Won 8 Primetime Emmys. 35 wins & 43 nominations total
Actors: James Badge Dale, Joseph Mazzello, Jon Seda
Country: United States, Australia
Data provided by OMDB API