The Simpsons FOX TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – Longest running sitcom and animated program in TV history, created by Matt Groening. First aired in 1989 as animated shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show before becoming its own half-hour show.
- Animation – Hand-drawn animation produced domestically in South Korea for the first season, then switched to digital. Takes 6 months per episode.
- Casting – Many of the main voice actors like Nancy Cartwright have been in their roles since the 1980s.
- Ratings – Seasons 3-9 are considered the “Golden Age” where it was top 10 in ratings, averaging over 15 million viewers.
- Trivia – Known for predicting major events. Has won over 30 Emmy awards.
Plot: This is an animated sitcom about the antics of a dysfunctional family. Homer is the oafish unhealthy beer loving father, Marge is the hardworking homemaker wife, Bart is the perpetual ten-year-old underachiever (and proud of it), Lisa is the unappreciated eight-year-old genius, and Maggie is the cute, pacifier loving silent infant.
Runtime: 22 min
Genre: Animation, Comedy
Awards: Won 35 Primetime Emmys. 183 wins & 354 nominations total
Writer: James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, Sam Simon
Actors: Dan Castellaneta, Nancy Cartwright, Harry Shearer
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API