The Voice NBC TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – Adapted from the Dutch show The Voice of Holland by producer Mark Burnett. Premise based on blind auditions with coaches selecting singers for teams.
- Winners – Notable winners include Javier Colon, Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbery and Jordan Smith. But few winners have found major mainstream success.
- Hosts – Carson Daly has hosted since the start. Gwen Stefani and John Legend have also served as hosts during Daly’s absences.
- Blinds/Battles – Show format includes blind auditions, battle rounds of duets, and live performance shows leading to the finale.
- Ratings – Has been a top rated show for NBC, especially among younger viewers. Consistently dominates time slot.
- Record Deal – Winners receive a recording contract with Universal Music Group to release new music after the show.
Plot: There are four coaches, who are all famous in the music industry. During the blind auditions these coaches will turn around in their chairs when they hear a performer they want in their team. If there are more coaches who want a performer, he or she gets to choose who they want as their coach. During the battles there will be two contestants from the same team up against eachother. The coach then has to choose one of them to get through to the live shows.
Runtime: 60 min
Genre: Music, Reality-TV
Awards: Won 8 Primetime Emmys. 42 wins & 158 nominations total
Writer: John de Mol
Actors: Blake Shelton, Carson Daly, Adam Levine
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API