Transplant NBC TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Premise: A Canadian medical drama about an ER doctor named Bashir “Bash” Hamed, a Syrian refugee trying to rebuild his life as a doctor in Toronto.
- Genre: Medical drama
- Original Run: Aired for 2 seasons on CTV in Canada from 2020-2021 before NBC picked it up.
- Setting: Fictional York Memorial Hospital in Toronto. Uses real Toronto locations.
- Early Reviews: Praised for nuanced portrayals and timely themes about the healthcare system and immigrant experiences.
- Awards: Won multiple Canadian Screen Awards including Best Drama. Haq won for Best Lead Actor.
- Fun Fact: Based on real-life experiences of the show’s medical advisor, Dr. Joseph Kenyon.
- Social Media: @NBCTransplant on Twitter, @transplantnbc on Instagram
Plot: When Dr. Bashir Hamed, a charismatic emergency medicine doctor, flees war-torn Syria to forge a new life in Canada, he must redo his medical training from the ground up. He scores a residency in the Emergency Department of the best hospital in Toronto, but it's a tough road. Will this 'transplant' take?
Runtime: 60 min
Awards: 18 wins & 15 nominations
Writer: Joseph Kay
Actors: Hamza Haq, Laurence Leboeuf, John Hannah
Data provided by OMDB API