Yellowstone CBS TV Show
Show Important Facts
- Origins – Created by Taylor Sheridan and John Linson, it follows the conflicts surrounding the fictional Dutton family ranch, the largest contiguous ranch in the U.S.
- Shooting Locations – Primarily films at the Chief Joseph Ranch in Darby, Montana which stands in for the fictional Yellowstone Dutton Ranch.
- On Set – The cast does immerse themselves in ranch life, learning to ride horses, care for livestock, and live on location.
- Ratings – The most watched series on cable, averaging over 8 million viewers per episode in season 4.
- Relationships – Kevin Costner serves as executive producer along with director John Linson. They have creative control over the show’s direction.
Plot: Yellowstone follows the Dutton family, led by John Dutton, who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders - land developers, an Indian reservation, and America's first National Park. It is an intense study of a violent world far from media scrutiny - where land grabs make developers billions, and politicians are bought and sold by the world's largest oil and lumber corporations. Where drinking water poisoned by fracking wells and unsolved murders are not news: they are a consequence of living in the new frontier. It is the best and worst of America seen through the eyes of a family that represents both.
Runtime: 60 min
Genre: Drama, Western
Awards: Nominated for 1 Primetime Emmy. 7 wins & 44 nominations total
Writer: John Linson, Taylor Sheridan
Actors: Kevin Costner, Luke Grimes, Kelly Reilly
Country: United States
Data provided by OMDB API